- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2020 Florida Statutes
110.117 Paid holidays.—
(1) The following holidays shall be paid holidays observed by all state branches and agencies:
(a) New Year’s Day.
(b) Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., third Monday in January.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
(e) Labor Day.
(f) Veterans’ Day, November 11.
(g) Thanksgiving Day.
(h) Friday after Thanksgiving.
(i) Christmas Day.
(j) If any of these holidays falls on Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be observed as a holiday. If any of these holidays falls on Sunday, the following Monday shall be observed as a holiday.
(2) The Governor may declare, when appropriate, a state day of mourning in observance of the death of a person in recognition of service rendered to the state or nation.
(3) Each full-time employee is entitled to one personal holiday each year. Each part-time employee is entitled to a personal holiday each year which shall be calculated proportionately to the personal holiday allowed to a full-time employee. Such personal holiday shall be credited to eligible employees on July 1 of each year to be taken prior to June 30 of the following year. Members of the teaching and research faculty of the State University System and administrative and professional positions exempted under s. 110.205(2)(d) are not eligible for this benefit.
History.—s. 20, ch. 79-190; s. 1, ch. 80-331; s. 1, ch. 88-63; s. 16, ch. 92-279; s. 55, ch. 92-326; s. 8, ch. 94-113; s. 5, ch. 96-399.