- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
380.205 Definitions.—As used in ss. 380.205-380.27:
(1) “Department” means the Department of Environmental Protection.
(2) “Coastal zone” means that area of land and water from the territorial limits seaward to the most inland extent of marine influences. However, for planning and developing coordinated projects and initiatives for coastal resource protection and management, the department shall consider the coastal zone to be the geographical area encompassed by the 35 Florida coastal counties listed in the Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Florida Coastal Management Program and the adjoining territorial sea. It is not the intent of this definition to limit the authority currently exercised under the federal law and the federally approved Florida Coastal Management Program by which projects landward and seaward of the 35 coastal counties are reviewed for consistency with the Florida Coastal Management Program.
(3) “Coastal Zone Management Act” means the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended (16 U.S.C. ss. 1451-1464).
History.—s. 2, ch. 92-276; s. 58, ch. 93-206; s. 187, ch. 99-13; s. 2, ch. 2002-275; s. 1, ch. 2002-277.