- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
570.02 Definitions.—The following words and phrases as used in this chapter and in the agricultural laws of this state, unless the context otherwise requires, shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them in this section:
(1) “Agriculture” means the science and art of production of plants and animals useful to humans, including to a variable extent the preparation of these products for human use and their disposal by marketing or otherwise, and includes aquaculture, horticulture, floriculture, viticulture, forestry, dairy, livestock, poultry, bees, and any and all forms of farm products and farm production. For the purposes of marketing and promotional activities, seafood shall also be included in this definition.
(2) “Agricultural business products” means nonconsumable products used in the producing, processing, distribution, and marketing of consumable farm products, including, but not limited to, machinery, equipment, and supplies.
(3) “Agricultural marketing facilities” means state-owned wholesale and retail markets managed by the Bureau of State Farmers’ Market.
(4) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of Agriculture.
(5) “Department” means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
History.—s. 1, ch. 59-54; ss. 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 215, ch. 71-377; s. 1, ch. 87-36; s. 1, ch. 88-341; s. 5, ch. 92-291; s. 1, ch. 93-169; s. 11, ch. 94-335; s. 21, ch. 96-247; s. 1182, ch. 97-103.