- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
(1) The department may have a legal staff of full-time attorneys, one of whom shall be general counsel.
(2) The attorneys of the department shall represent and appear for the department at all actions and proceedings involving any question under this chapter or within the jurisdiction of the department under any general or special law or under or in reference to any act, order, or proceedings of or before the department, and shall, when directed, intervene, if possible, in behalf of the department in any action or proceeding involving or relating to any matter within the jurisdiction or powers of the department.
(3) The several prosecuting attorneys of the state shall prosecute all criminal violations of the agricultural laws of this state upon the request of the department.
(4) Counsel shall act as counsel for any officer of the department in the conduct of a hearing, investigation, or inquiry executed under authority of the department or as provided in this chapter; advise any officer of the department, when so requested, in regard to all matters in connection with his or her powers and duties; and perform generally all duties and services as counsel of the department which may be reasonably required of them.
History.—s. 1, ch. 59-54; s. 2, ch. 61-407; ss. 11, 14, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 146, ch. 73-333; ss. 1, 2, ch. 75-252; s. 7, ch. 93-169; s. 887, ch. 97-103.