- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2021 Florida Statutes (Including 2021B Session)
486.109 Continuing education.—
(1) The board shall require licensees to demonstrate their professional competence as a condition of renewal of a license by completing 24 hours of continuing education biennially.
(2) The board shall approve only those courses sponsored by a college or university which provides a curriculum for training physical therapists or physical therapist assistants which is accredited by, or has status with an accrediting agency approved by, the United States Department of Education or courses sponsored or approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association or the American Physical Therapy Association.
(3) The board may make exceptions from the requirements of this section in emergency or hardship cases as provided by rule.
(4) Each licensee shall maintain sufficient records to demonstrate compliance with this section.
(5) The board may adopt rules within the requirements of this section that are necessary for its implementation.
History.—ss. 2, 3, ch. 91-277; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 33, ch. 2016-230.