CS/SB 128: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Taxation ; Lee ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cowin ; Crist ; Peaden
Taxation; (THIS BILL COMBINES S128,1598) allows certain school districts to levy, by referendum, additional district school taxes; provides limitations on uses of resulting revenues; revises application of sales tax exemption for sale of drinking water in bottles or other containers; exempts property occupied or used by certain regional transmission organizations from tax on lease or rental of or license in real property, etc. Amends Chs. 236, 199, 212, 201.
Last Action: 5/4/2001 Senate - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 21 (Ch. 2001-225), CS/SB 1872 (Ch. 2001-220)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Economic Opportunities; Finance and Taxation
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Economic Opportunities, 02/20/01, 3:15 pm, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Economic Opportunities; Finance and Taxation -SJ 00016; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Economic Opportunities, 02/20/01, 3:15 pm, 110-S --Temporarily postponed; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Economic Opportunities, 03/07/01, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Economic Opportunities; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 00136
• Now in Finance and Taxation -SJ 00136
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Taxation, 05/01/01, 4:30 pm, 37-S -SJ 00673; CS combines this bill with 1598; CS by- Finance and Taxation; YEAS 5 NAYS 4 -SJ 00787; CS read first time on 05/01/01 -SJ 00787; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00787
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00951; Read second time -SJ 01188; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01188; Ordered engrossed -SJ 01191
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 21 (Ch. 2001-225), CS/SB 1872 (Ch. 2001-220)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.