SB 1996: Tampa/Firefighters & Police Pension
LOCAL BILL by Crist ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lee ; Miller ; Sebesta
Tampa/Firefighters & Police Pension; (Hillsborough Co.) authorizes City of Tampa to enter into supplemental contract with certain firefighters & police officers to provide for employer pick-up provision so that employee pension contributions can be made on pre-tax basis; provides for additional authorized investments; restructures 13th Check Program.
Last Action: 6/15/2001 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-288
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Rules and Calendar -SJ 00204
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar; Placed on Local Calendar -SJ 00951; Read second time -SJ 00914; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00914; Read third time -SJ 00916; Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00916
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 02053; Read second and third times -HJ 02053; Passed; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 02053
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 02118
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2001-288
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.