SB 2506: State Budget Planning & Spending
JOINT RESOLUTION by Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Clary
State Budget Planning & Spending; constitutional amendment to limit amount of nonrecurring general revenue which may be appropriated for recurring purposes in any fiscal year to 3 percent of total general revenue funds available, unless otherwise approved by three-fifths vote of Legislature; provides for limited adjustments in state budget, as provided by law; establishes Government Efficiency Task Force & specifies its duties, etc. Amends s. 19, Art. III.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections; Appropriations; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00236
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/17/04, 9:00 am, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00351; Now in Appropriations -SJ 00351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/25/04, 11:30 am, 412-K
• Withdrawn from- Rules and Calendar -SJ 00394; Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 00438
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00438
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00488; Read second time -SJ 00487; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00487; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00487
• Read third time -SJ 00535; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00537; Immediately certified -SJ 00537
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 00702; Read second time -HJ 00702; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00702, -HJ 00710; Was taken up -HJ 00708; Read third time -HJ 00712; Passed as amended; YEAS 81 NAYS 33 -HJ 00712
• In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.