CS/SB 2512: Service Charge On General Revenue
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Lee
Service Charge On General Revenue; applies uniform service charge to income deposited into all trust funds of state; exempts trust fund income from service charge if moneys are subject to certain investment or bond requirements or held by state in its capacity as agent or fiduciary, if Executive Office of Governor, in consultation with Legislature, determines that state would lose revenue; amends & repeals specified provisions re various trust funds of state, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 4/30/2004 Senate - Died in Conference Committee
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Finance and Taxation; Appropriations -SJ 00236
• Withdrawn from- Finance and Taxation -SJ 00251; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/17/04, 12:00 noon, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00351; Now in Appropriations -SJ 00351
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/25/04, 11:30 am, 412-K
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 00439; CS read first time on 03/31/04 -SJ 00455
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00488; Read second time -SJ 00487
• Read third time -SJ 00537; CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 2 -SJ 00537; Immediately certified -SJ 00537
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 00458; Read second time -HJ 00458; Amendment pending --Temporarily postponed -HJ 00458
• Pending amendment adopted -HJ 00511
• Read third time -HJ 00537; CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00538; Requested Senate to concur or appoint conference committee -HJ 00538
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -SJ 00672; Refused to concur and acceded to the request for a conference committee -SJ 00673; Conference Committee appointed: Senators Pruitt, Chair; Miller, Vice Chair; At Large: Diaz de la Portilla, Jones, Lee; Sub. Article V Implementation & Judiciary: Smith, Chair; Campbell, Geller, Haridopolos, Lee, Villalobos, Wise; Sub. Criminal Justice: Crist, Chair; Argenziano, Aronberg, Dawson, Fasano; Sub. Education: Carlton, Chair; Alexander, Constantine, Cowin, Hill, Lynn, Miller, Wasserman Schultz; Sub. General Government: Clary, Chair; Atwater, Bullard, Dockery, Lawson, Margolis; Sub. Health & Human Services: Peaden, Chair; Bennett, Jones, Saunders, Wilson; Sub. Trans. & Economic Dev.: Webster, Chair; Diaz de la Portilla, Garcia, Klein, Posey, Sebesta, Siplin -SJ 00673, -SJ 00580
• Conference Committee appointed: Reps Kyle-Ch; Murman-V-Ch; At Lrg: Bense, Greenstein, Harrington, Jennings, Rubio, Cantens, Richardson; AG: Baker; Evers, Poppell, Spratt, Clarke, M Davis, Troutman, Harper; COM: Brummer; Brown, D Davis, Quinones, Sorensen, Robaina, Bullard; ED: Simmons; Cretul, Kilmer, Sansom, Pickens, Kravitz, Arza, Baxley, Bendross-Mindingall, Carroll, Rivera; HLTH: Green; Farkas, Slosberg, Roberson, Harrington, Garcia, Harrell; HS: Murman; Anderson, Bean, HOUSE Gibson, Sobel; JD: Negron; Benson, Kottkamp, Mahon, Planas, Stargel, Holloway; SAF: Bilirakis; Barreiro, Needelman, Adams, Dean, Henriquez; TED: Waters; Berfield, Gardiner, Llorente, Russell, Cusack, Slosberg -HJ 00762
• Died in Conference Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.