CS/CS/SB 1080: Child Protective Services
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Children and Families ; Children and Families
Child Protective Services; revises definitions re child protective services; authorizes DCFS to adopt rules for sharing information contained in child's case plan with custodian & family services counselor; requires dept. to conduct criminal history records check of any person being considered as prospective foster parent; provides that court may review granting or denial of placement of child based upon criminal offense, etc. Amends Chs. 39, 63, 419, 435.
Last Action: 6/7/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-86
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7056 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1080) by Children and Families; Filed
• Referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/07/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00105; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 02/07/06, 2:00 pm, 301-S; CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00189; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00277; CS read first time on 03/22/06 -SJ 00305
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00277
• Withdrawn from Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00324; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00501; Read second time -SJ 00491; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00492; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00501
• Read third time -SJ 00519; CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 00520
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01000
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 7123 -HJ 01053; Read second time -HJ 01053; Amendment pending -HJ 01053; Pending amendment withdrawn -HJ 01084
• Read third time -HJ 01170; CS passed; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 01170
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00968
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-86
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.