CS/SB 500: Children's Zones [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Bullard ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wilson ; Margolis ; Lawson ; Dawson ; Storms
Children's Zones [RPCC]; Provides a process whereby local governments may apply to the Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida, Inc., to designate an area as a children's zone for revitalizing a disadvantaged area through programs and services for children and families living within its boundaries. Requires adoption of a resolution, a planning team, development of a strategic community plan, and creation of a nonprofit corporation. Creates a 10-year pilot project, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2008 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 3 -SJ 00800; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 3 (Ch. 2008-96) -SJ 00800
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Operations; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Operations; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00033
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/03/08, 9:00 am, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/09/08, 4:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Community Affairs (826752, 061156, 959042); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00617
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 00617
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 00616; Now in Governmental Operations
• Withdrawn from Governmental Operations -SJ 00686; Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations; On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/22/08, 10:00 am, 110-S
• CS by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00754; CS read 1st time on 04/23/08 -SJ 00755; Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00754
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 3 -SJ 00800; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 3 (Ch. 2008-96) -SJ 00800
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.