CS/HB 995: Community Associations [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Robaina ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Garcia, L. ; Gibbons ; Roberson, Y
Community Associations [EPCC]; Revises membership criteria of Regulatory Council of Community Association Managers; provides responsibilities of council; provides requirements for community association management firms; requires DBPR to investigate certain complaints & allegations; provides duties of officers, directors, & agents of condominium association & liability for monetary damages under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-28; See also CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240), CS/HB 1105 (Ch. 2008-202) -HJ 01820
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00079
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00190
• On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/12/08, 8:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Courts (SS); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00284; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00284
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 04/09/08, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Safety & Security Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00517
• CS read 1st time on 04/14/08 -HJ 00510; CS filed; On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/15/08, 9:00 am, 212-K --If received; Referred to- Calendar -HJ 00514
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00550; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00551
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00637; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00638; CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 0 -HJ 00639
• In Messages; Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 00778
• Received -SJ 00778; Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 00738; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 2084 -SJ 00739; Read 2nd time -SJ 00739
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00793; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00794
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00967
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 01375
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-28; See also CS/CS/HB 601 (Ch. 2008-240), CS/HB 1105 (Ch. 2008-202) -HJ 01820
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.