CS/CS/SB 2166: Uniform Traffic Control [WPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Policy and Steering Committee on Ways and Means ; Community Affairs ; Altman
Uniform Traffic Control [WPSC]; Preempts to the state the use of cameras to enforce traffic laws. Clarifies the inapplicability of ch. 493, F.S., to laws governing the use of cameras as provided by the act. Authorizes a county or municipality to use traffic infraction detectors. Creates the Mark Wandall Traffic Safety Program. Provides for the placement and installation of detectors on certain roads, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2010 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00855; Amendment(s) adopted (464122) -SJ 00856; Substituted CS/CS/HB 325 -SJ 00856; Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2010-80), HB 5501 (Ch. 2010-163) -SJ 00856
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00146
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/17/10, 1:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 5 amendment(s) by Transportation (436478, 904148, 177538, 957138, 918732); YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00269
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00269
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice -SJ 00523; Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/14/10, 9:30 am, 412-K
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00600; CS read 1st time on 04/15/10 -SJ 00610
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00600; On Committee agenda-- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means, 04/20/10, 2:15 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means; YEAS 16 NAYS 6 -SJ 00703; CS read 1st time on 04/21/10 -SJ 00709
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00703
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00855; Amendment(s) adopted (464122) -SJ 00856; Substituted CS/CS/HB 325 -SJ 00856; Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 325 (Ch. 2010-80), HB 5501 (Ch. 2010-163) -SJ 00856
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.