CS/CS/HB 447: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by General Government Policy Council ; Insurance, Business, and Financial Affairs Policy Committee ; Proctor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adams ; Adkins ; Ambler ; Aubuchon ; Burgin ; Coley ; Drake ; Eisnaugle ; Evers ; Ford ; Fresen ; Gibson ; Grady ; Hays ; Homan ; Hooper ; Horner ; Jones, M. ; Kreegel ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; McKeel ; Murzin ; Nehr ; O'Toole ; Patronis ; Plakon ; Precourt ; Ray ; Renuart ; Roberson ; Stargel ; Taylor ; Tobia ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein ; Wood ; Workman
Property Insurance; Revises provisions of property insurance law relating to exemption of medical malpractice insurance premiums from emergency assessments, additional surplus requirement for domestic insurers, consumer advocate, OIR, insurer rights, reinsurance or financing costs, filed rates, rate filings, transparency in rate regulation, cost of reinsurance, comprehensive consumer information program, Citizens policyholder surcharge, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2010-176), HB 7217 (Ch. 2010-141)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); General Government Policy Council
• Introduced, referred to Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); General Government Policy Council -HJ 00043
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC), 03/17/10, 2:15 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Insurance, Business, & Financial Affairs Policy (GGPC); YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 00449
• CS read 1st time on 03/31/10 -HJ 00443; Pending review of CS under Rule 7.20
• Now in General Government Policy Council -HJ 00608
• On Council agenda-- General Government Policy Council, 04/09/10, 11:45 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Council agenda-- General Government Policy Council, 04/14/10, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- General Government Policy Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 00732
• CS read 1st time on 04/16/10 -HJ 00728
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00732
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.20
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00778; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00780
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 00802
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 00858
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 00937
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 01042
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 01121
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 01185
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2010-176), HB 7217 (Ch. 2010-141)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.