CS/CS/SB 1252: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Budget ; Smith
Insurance; Allows the Division of Administrative Hearings to have final order authority with respect to certain license applicants. Revises the type of information that must be included in crash reports. Specifies that the assessment for the Special Disability Trust Fund be applied on a calendar year basis. Revises provisions relating to certain insurers covering nonresidents domiciled outside the United States who are exempt from requirements to obtain a certificate of authority, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174) -SJ 673
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget (BC)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 93
• Introduced -SJ 93
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Budget -SJ 235
• Also referred to Rules -SJ 461
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 471
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/26/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 541
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 483
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 541
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 542
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 656, 670, 672
• Amendment(s) adopted (694784) -SJ 656, 672
• Substituted CS/HB 1087 -SJ 673
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1087 (Ch. 2011-174) -SJ 673
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.