CS/HB 1087: Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Holder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Snyder
Insurance; Authorizes payment of workers' compensation benefits on prepaid card under certain circumstances; revises dates applicable to calculations of annual assessments upon certain workers' compensation insurers relating to special disability trust fund; provides exemption from having to obtain certificate of authority to insurers that cover only nonresidents of U.S. under certain conditions; requires funds collected for insurer to be held in bank insured by FDIC, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 94
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/30/11, 10:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 392
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, Reed Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 776
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 771
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 836
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 940
• Amendment(s) adopted (020153, 392891, 463331, 490723, 663971, 838901) -HJ 940
• Read 3rd time -HJ 943
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 943
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 718
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 718
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 673
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1252 -SJ 673
• Read 2nd time -SJ 673
• Amendment(s) failed (137808) -SJ 673
• Read 3rd time -SJ 675
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 675
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1004
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-174
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.