CS/HB 1289: Medicaid Eligibility
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee ; Ahern ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Medicaid Eligibility; Provides asset transfer limitations for determination of eligibility for nursing facility services under Medicaid program after specified date; requires DCFS to take certain actions if community spouse refuses to make certain resources available to institutional spouse; authorizes AHCA to recover certain Medicaid expenses; authorizes DCFS to adopt rules.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Health and Human Services Committee
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 116
• Referred to Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 04/06/11, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -HJ 589
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 587
• Original reference(s) removed: Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 600
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 600
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/20/11, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 7 -HJ 761
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 761
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Health and Human Services Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.