CS/CS/HB 1397: Abortions
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee ; Burgin ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Albritton ; Baxley ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Davis ; Ford ; Grant ; Horner ; McKeel ; Metz ; Perry ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Renuart ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Van Zant ; Weatherford ; Weinstein ; Williams, T.
Abortions; Restricts circumstances in which abortion may be performed in 3rd trimester or after viability; requires clinic to disclose in advertisement that it cannot perform abortions in 3rd trimester or after viability; requires physician who offers to or performs terminations to complete ethics continuing education; prohibits terminations except in certain licensed locations; prohibits performing certain functions concerning abortion clinic without license, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 126
• Referred to Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 222
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 340
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 339
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 337
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/20/11, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 5 -HJ 762
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 760
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 759
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 785
• Amendment(s) failed (134823) -HJ 785
• Amendment(s) adopted (371727, 869053) -HJ 786
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 811
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 79 NAYS 36 -HJ 812
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.