HB 179: Relief/Kirby/University of South Florida
CLAIMS/GENERAL BILL by Passidomo
Relief/Kirby/University of South Florida; Provides for relief of Stephen & Meredith Kirby, parents & natural guardians of daughter, Harper Kirby, by USF; provides for appropriation to compensate them for damages sustained due to negligence of employee of USF; limits payment of attorney's fees & costs. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $1,800,000
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 21
• Introduced -HJ 21
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 04/13/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 618
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 618
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.