CS/CS/CS/SB 1816: Surplus Lines Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Banking and Insurance ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Richter
Surplus Lines Insurance; Requires a surplus lines agent to file quarterly on or before a specified time an affidavit stating that all surplus lines insurance transacted during the preceding quarter has been submitted to the Florida Surplus Lines Service Office. Authorizes the Department of Financial Services and the Office of Insurance Regulation to enter into a specified type of agreement with other states pursuant to federal law for the collection and allocation of certain nonadmitted insurance taxes, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 207
• Introduced -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/22/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 270
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 278
• Now in Budget -SJ 270
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 338
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/06/11, 8:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 491
• CS/CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 492
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 736
• Read 3rd time -SJ 736
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 736
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1105
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Received -HJ 1104
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1109
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1109
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1109
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-46
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.