SB 2126: Department of Management Services
GENERAL BILL by Budget
Department of Management Services; Provides for the reimbursement to the department of actual costs for coordinating the Florida State Employee's Charitable Campaign. Requires the cost factors for a fixed capital outlay project to include an estimate for the finishing of interiors. Requires that cost savings realized when actual costs are less than the projected costs for a fixed capital outlay project be used to reduce the overall construction costs. Prohibits the purchase of art using public funds except as authorized by law, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2000 (Ch. 2011-69)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7138 submitted as a committee bill (SB 2126) by Budget
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 331
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/06/11
• Introduced -SJ 330
• Read 2nd time -SJ 374
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 426
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 427
• Immediately certified -SJ 450
• Requests House concur or failing to concur appoint conference cmte -SJ 450
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 571
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 571
• Read 2nd time -HJ 571
• Amendment(s) adopted (790943) -HJ 571
• Read 3rd time -HJ 572
• Passed as amended; YEAS 85 NAYS 19 -HJ 572
• Immediately certified -HJ 584
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 584
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Senators Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair); Gaetz, Gardiner, Siplin, Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on FRS/Retirement: Ring (Chair), Benacquisto; Budget Conference Committee on Professional Deregulation: Hays (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Governmental Reorganization: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on SEED Fund: Gaetz (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on State Employee Group Health Insurance: Negron (Chair); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Fasano (Chair), Bennett, Evers, Joyner, Sachs, Storms, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Bullard, Detert, Dockery, Montford, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Dean, Diaz de la Portilla, Jones, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Flores, Garcia, Norman, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Braynon, Oelrich, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Gaetz (Chair), Benacquisto, Bogdanoff, Hill, Latvala, Margolis, Smith -SJ 507
• Conference Committee appointed: Representative Schenck -HJ 778
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Hooper (Chair), Campbell, Costello, Gaetz, Gibbons, Julien, Mayfield, Nelson, Nunez, Patronis -HJ 778
• Died in Conference Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2000 (Ch. 2011-69)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.