CS/HB 355: Property Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Bernard ; Boyd ; Brodeur ; Broxson ; Caldwell ; Davis ; Drake ; Ford ; Hooper ; Horner ; Julien ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; Nehr ; Nelson ; Passidomo ; Pilon ; Porter ; Randolph ; Renuart ; Tobia ; Trujillo ; Van Zant ; Weinstein ; Williams, T.
Property Taxation; Tolls expiration period of tax certificate & statute of limitations relating to proceedings involving tax lien certificates or tax deeds during period of intervening bankruptcy; revises, updates, & consolidates provisions of ch. 197, F.S., relating to definitions, tax collectors, lien of taxes, returns & assessments, unpaid or omitted taxes, discounts, interest rates, DOR responsibilities, tax bills, judicial sales, prepayment of taxes, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 478 (Ch. 2011-151) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Committee; Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 35
• Introduced -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/17/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 266
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 263
• Now in Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 04/01/11, 8:45 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 409
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 409
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 618
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 618
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 478 (Ch. 2011-151) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.