CS/CS/HB 43: Public Employee Compensation
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Subcommittee ; Smith ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Corcoran ; Gaetz
Public Employee Compensation; Revises provisions relating to prohibition against payment of extra compensation; provides for bonuses; specifies conditions for paying bonuses; requires that contracts providing for severance pay under certain circumstances include specified provisions; defines term "severance pay"; prohibits certain contract provisions that provide for extra compensation to limit ability to discuss contract; deletes provisions relating to power of county or municipality to pay extra compensation, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2011 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 88 (Ch. 2011-143) -HJ 1101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 10
• Introduced -HJ 10
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/29/11, 12:00 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 3 -HJ 408
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 408
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 408
• CS by Government Operations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Morris Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 766
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 764
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 775
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 88 (Ch. 2011-143) -HJ 1101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.