CS/CS/SB 490: Medical Expense/Pretrial Detainee/Sentenced Inmate
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Health Regulation ; Jones
Medical Expense/Pretrial Detainee/Sentenced Inmate; Provides that the responsibility for paying the expenses of medical care, treatment, hospitalization, and transportation for a person who is ill, wounded, or otherwise injured during or as a result of an arrest for a violation of a state law or a county or municipal ordinance is the responsibility of the person receiving the medical care, treatment, hospitalization, or transportation. Removes provisions establishing the order by which medical providers receive reimbursement for the expenses incurred in providing the medical services or transportation, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations (BJA)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/21/11, 1:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Health Regulation -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 44
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 186
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Regulation read 1st time -SJ 202
• Now in Budget -SJ 186
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 477
• Withdrawn from Budget with subcommittee recommendation -SJ 614
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 615
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 745
• Read 3rd time -SJ 745
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 745
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.