SB 636: Repeal of Obsolete Insurance Provisions
GENERAL BILL by Simmons
Repeal of Obsolete Insurance Provisions; Deletes an obsolete requirement for the State Board of Administration to transfer to the Citizens Property Insurance Corporation certain funds of the Insurance Capital Build-Up Incentive Program. Deletes an obsolete presuit notice requirement for the Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association. Deletes an obsolete form filing deadline for sinkhole coverage. Deletes an obsolete reporting requirement for activities relating to the sinkhole database, etc.
Last Action: 4/6/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4081 (Ch. 2011-11), CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39) -SJ 361
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/09/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 53
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 163
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/15/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Budget -SJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/31/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 04/06/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 361
• Substituted HB 4081 -SJ 361
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 4081 (Ch. 2011-11), CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39) -SJ 361
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.