The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 723: Reciprocity in Workers' Compensation Claims
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Weinstein ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dorworth
Reciprocity in Workers' Compensation Claims; Exempts certain employees working in state & employers of such workers from Florida's Workers' Compensation Law under certain conditions; provides requirements for establishment of prima facie evidence that employer carries certain workers' compensation insurance; requires courts to take judicial notice of construction of certain laws; provides requirements for claims made in other states; provides criteria for employees to be considered temporarily in state; provides application.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 63
• Introduced -HJ 62
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/23/11, 1:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 304
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 324
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/08/11, 8:45 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 619
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 959
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 999
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 999
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 714
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 714
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Budget; Rules -SJ 750
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1286 -SJ 750
• Read 2nd time -SJ 750
• Read 3rd time -SJ 750
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 750
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1102
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-171
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.