CS/CS/HB 739: Transition-to-Adulthood Services
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Porth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Burgin ; Diaz ; Nunez ; Slosberg ; Smith ; Trujillo ; Young
Transition-to-Adulthood Services; Defines "transition-to-adulthood services"; provides for eligibility for youth served by DJJ who are legally in DCFS custody; provides that adjudication of delinquency does not disqualify youth in foster care from certain services from DCFS; provides powers & duties of DJJ for transition services; provides for assessments; requires that services be part of plan leading to independence; provides for retention of court jurisdiction over child for specified period following child's 19th birthday if child is participating in transition-to-adulthood services, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 House - Died pending review of CS, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 404 (Ch. 2011-236)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to HHS Access Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 64
• Introduced -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee, 03/16/11, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 259
• Now in Criminal Justice Subcommittee -HJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 04/06/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 449
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 588
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/15/11, 9:45 am, Webster Hall --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/15/11, 11:30 am or upon adjournment of session, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 671
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 672
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/25/11, 11:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 837
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 834
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died pending review of CS, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 404 (Ch. 2011-236)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.