CS/SB 812: Internet Poker
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Diaz de la Portilla
Internet Poker; Creates the "Internet Poker Consumer Protection and Revenue Generation Act." Provides for intrastate Internet poker to be provided to the public by cardroom operators through a state Internet poker network operated by licensed Internet poker hub operators. Provides for selection of Internet poker hub operators through competitive procurement process. Provides for distribution of moneys received from Internet poker hub operations, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Criminal Justice; Budget -SJ 64
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 236
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Pending Reconsideration (Unfavorable; YEAS 2 NAYS 2)
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Criminal Justice
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.