CS/SB 858: Agriculture
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture ; Hays
Agriculture; Prohibits a county from enforcing certain limits on the activity of a bona fide farm operation on agricultural land under certain circumstances. Prohibits a county from charging agricultural lands for stormwater management assessments and fees under certain circumstances. Allows an assessment to be collected if credits against the assessment are provided for implementation of best management practices. Creates the "Agricultural Land Acknowledgement Act," etc.
- Agriculture (AG)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Agriculture; Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Budget -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/07/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 118
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Regulated Industries
• Remaining references corrected to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 116
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 118
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 115
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/21/11, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Budget -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Budget
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.