CS/CS/HB 99: Commercial Insurance Rates
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Drake ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Snyder ; Van Zant
Commercial Insurance Rates; Exempts additional categories or kinds of insurance & types of commercial lines risks from certain filing requirements; deletes requirement that rate change notice include total premium written for exempt class; removes requirement that specified types of records & information be retained; requires retention of certain actuarial data; requires specified insurers & rating organizations to incur examination expenses; removes requirement that rating organization maintain certain statistics, etc.
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/09/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 150
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/08/11, 3:15 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 14
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 187
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 187
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/17/11, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 266
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 263
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 273
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 345
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 372
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 572
• Received -SJ 572
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 603
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 178 -SJ 603
• Read 2nd time -SJ 603
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 626
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 626
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1002
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-160
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.