CS/SJR 1176: Joint Resolution of Apportionment
JOINT RESOLUTION by Reapportionment ; Reapportionment
Joint Resolution of Apportionment; Providing for the apportionment of the House of Representatives and the Senate (plans H000H9049 and S000S9008); adopting the United States Decennial Census of 2010 for use in such apportionment; providing for the inclusion of omitted areas; providing contiguity for areas specified for inclusion in one district which are noncontiguous; specifying that the apportioned districts constitute the legislative districts of the state; providing for severability of invalid portions; providing for application beginning in 2012, etc.
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Reapportionment (RE)
• SPB 7034 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1176) by Reapportionment
• Referred to Reapportionment -SJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Reapportionment, 01/11/12, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 95
• CS by- Reapportionment; YEAS 22 NAYS 4 -SJ 136
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 136
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/17/12
• CS by Reapportionment read 1st time -SJ 166
• Read 2nd time -SJ 170
• Read 3rd time -SJ 171
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 6 -SJ 171
• Immediately certified -SJ 171
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 286
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 286
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 328
• Amendment(s) adopted (601757) -HJ 328
• Amendment(s) failed (756455) -HJ 393
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 472
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 37 -HJ 472
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (601757) -SJ 405, 483
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 31 NAYS 7 -SJ 483
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 505
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State -SJ 508
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.