HB 1325: City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County
LOCAL BILL by Abruzzo
City of West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County; Revises provisions relating to West Palm Beach Firefighters Pension Fund; revises definitions; provides for ch. 175 funds to be used to reduce member contributions to pension fund for specified calendar years; provides that city shall make up certain shortfalls in member contributions; provides for reduction in member contributions for 2 years; revises fixed rate for certain members; requires members to take lump sum distribution of their entire share account balance within specified time after their termination of employment in certain circumstances; deletes provision requiring members to elect to participate in BackDROP within specified time or forfeit their benefits; provides lower interest rate for BackDROP benefits for retirements after certain date; revises BackDROP benefits; revises availability of loans for certain members.
• Introduced -HJ 130
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 299
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 321
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 573
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 573
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 954
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 955
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 762
• Referred to Rules -SJ 762
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 799
• Placed on Local Calendar, 03/05/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 803
• Read 3rd time -SJ 803
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 803
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1098
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-260
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.