SB 1958: Department of Health
GENERAL BILL by Budget
Department of Health; Assigning, for administrative purposes, the Correctional Medical Authority to the Executive Office of the Governor, rather than the Department of Health; reducing the membership of the authority, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-122, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7062 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1958) by Budget
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 525
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/12
• Introduced -SJ 525
• Read 2nd time -SJ 614
• Read 3rd time -SJ 614
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 614
• Requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to conference -SJ 616
• Immediately certified -SJ 614
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 839
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 839
• Read 2nd time -HJ 839
• Amendment(s) failed (042963, 131225) -HJ 839
• Amendment(s) adopted (075583) -HJ 840
• Read 3rd time -HJ 840
• Passed as amended; YEAS 89 NAYS 22 -HJ 840
• Refused to concur, acceded to request for conference committee -HJ 846
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Glorioso (Chair), Eisnaugle, Grant, Harrell, McBurney, Metz, Perry, Pilon, Rouson, Soto, Waldman -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1193
• Conference Committee Report adopted (744154) -SJ 1193
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1194
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1606
• Conference Committee Report adopted (744154) -HJ 1607
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 82 NAYS 32 -HJ 1607
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1679
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-122, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.