HB 221: Business Enterprise Opportunities for Wartime Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Nehr ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Patronis ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Snyder ; Williams, T. ; Young
Business Enterprise Opportunities for Wartime Veterans; Revises legislative intent with respect to business enterprise opportunities for wartime veterans; renames & revises Florida Service-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Opportunity Act to expand vendor preference in state contracting to include certain businesses owned & operated by wartime veterans or veterans of a period of war.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Government Operations Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 24
• Introduced -HJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 01/25/12, 8:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 283
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 283
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 321
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 321
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/08/12, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 549
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 549
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 718
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 766
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 766
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 813
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 813
• Died in Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 922 (Ch. 2012-159)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.