CS/HB 293: Relief/Matute, Torres, De Mayne, Torres, and Barahona/Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
CLAIMS/LOCAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Rooney
Relief/Matute, Torres, De Mayne, Torres, and Barahona/Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office; Provides for relief of Criss Matute, Christian Manuel Torres, Eddna Torres De Mayne, Lansky Torres, & Nasdry Yamileth Torres Barahona by Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office; provides for appropriation to compensate them for injuries sustained as result of negligence of PBCSO for wrongful death of their father, Manuel Antonio Matute; provides limitation on payment of fees & costs. CLAIM: $371,851
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 30
• Introduced -HJ 30
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/17/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 685
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 689
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 673
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 834
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 834
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1057
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1092
• CS passed; YEAS 105 NAYS 8 -HJ 1092
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 814
• Referred to Rules -SJ 814
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 953
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 953
• Substituted for SB 52 -SJ 953
• Read 2nd time -SJ 953
• Amendment(s) adopted (876888) -SJ 953
• Read 3rd time -SJ 953
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 4 -SJ 953
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (046413) -HJ 1182
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (876888) -HJ 1182
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 8 -HJ 1182
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.