CS/CS/SB 738: Solid Waste Management Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations ; Environmental Preservation and Conservation ; Altman
Solid Waste Management Facilities; Specifying a permit term for a solid waste management facility that is designed with a leachate control system meeting the requirements of the Department of Environmental Protection; creating a solid waste landfill closure account within the Solid Waste Management Trust Fund to fund the closing and long-term care of solid waste facilities under certain circumstances; requiring that the department require by rule that the owner or operator of a solid waste management facility receiving waste after a specified date provide financial assurance for the cost of completing corrective action for violations of water quality standards, etc. APPROPRIATION: $2,888,460
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 503 (Ch. 2012-205)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 01/09/12, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Introduced -SJ 63
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 135
• CS by Environmental Preservation and Conservation read 1st time -SJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/23/12, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 263
• Now in Budget -SJ 263
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 282
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 743
• Now in Budget -SJ 743
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 746
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 902
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 902
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/CS/HB 503 (Ch. 2012-205)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.