CS/HB 869: Pinellas Planning Council, Pinellas County
LOCAL BILL by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Frishe ; Hooper
Pinellas Planning Council, Pinellas County; Codifies, amends, reenacts, & repeals district's special acts; reorganizes council; provides intent that countywide plan be broadly defined & policy-based; provides that primary focus of council be land use & transportation planning; provides that membership of council be same as that of county MPO; provides for election of officers, council meetings, quorum requirements, & member expenses; provides for council powers & duties, including revising required components of countywide plan, consistent with stated legislative intent; provides for countywide staff & committees; provides for budget & annual independent audit; recognizes countywide planning authority of board of county commissioners as provided by county charter; provides for repeal of existing countywide plan, adoption of new countywide plan, future amendment of plan, & standards & procedures for such actions; provides timetable for consistency review after adoption of new countywide plan; provides for public hearing & notice requirements; requires authority to adopt specific notice standards in countywide rules; provides for compliance with pt. II, ch. 163, F.S., relating to growth policy.
Last Action: 5/6/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-245
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 01/11/12, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 84
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 229
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 225
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/01/12, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 455
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 455
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 891
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 939
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 939
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 761
• Referred to Rules -SJ 761
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 799
• Placed on Local Calendar, 03/05/12 -SJ 801
• Read 2nd time -SJ 801
• Read 3rd time -SJ 802
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 802
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1097
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-245
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.