CS/HB 963: Dispute Resolution
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Harrison
Dispute Resolution; Redesignates "Florida Arbitration Code" as "Revised Florida Arbitration Code"; creates & revises numerous provisions; provides for applicability of revised code; provides that code does not apply to any dispute involving child custody, visitation, or child support; deletes arbitration from voluntary trial resolution provisions; revises provisions relating to procedures in voluntary trial resolution; provides limits on jurisdiction of trial resolution judge.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 95
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/18/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 238
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 238
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/14/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 5 -HJ 602
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 602
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 855
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 849
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 907
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1018
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1071
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1072
• In Messages -SJ 823
• Received -SJ 823
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.