SB 936: Holocaust Victims Assistance Act
GENERAL BILL by Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis ; Sobel ; Sachs
Holocaust Victims Assistance Act; Citing this act as the "Holocaust Victims Assistance Act"; broadening the act to include financial claims and assets and other property, and to address the effect of nonpayment of claims or nonreturn of property on victims; deleting a time limitation on insurers for providing certain information to the Department of Financial Services and requiring insurers to provide a report under certain circumstances; revising the content and timing of the annual report to the Legislature, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 913 (Ch. 2013-149) -SJ 612
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 67
• Introduced -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/14/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 208
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/04/13, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 347
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 612
• Substituted HB 913 -SJ 612
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 913 (Ch. 2013-149) -SJ 612
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.