CS/HB 1279: High School Athletics
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations Subcommittee ; Metz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fullwood ; Gibbons ; Hutson ; Jones, M. ; Jones, S. ; Lee ; McGhee ; Porter ; Rouson ; Taylor ; Young
High School Athletics; Revises provisions relating to FHSAA, including bylaws relating to student residence & transfer approvals, student ineligibility to participate in competition, & investigations into ineligibility to participate; revises composition & terms of FHSAA board of directors; provides restrictions on dues & fees & collection of contest receipts; provides authority to levy penalties; provides requirements for financial & compliance audit; revises student eligibility criteria for participation in extracurricular activities.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 122
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 287
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 287
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/04/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/09/13, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 474
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 474
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 628
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 726
• Amendment(s) adopted (351759) -HJ 732
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 824
• Amendment(s) adopted (596813, 768111) -HJ 824
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 89 NAYS 26 -HJ 824
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 672
• Received -SJ 672
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.