CS/CS/SB 1388: Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Montford
Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education; Revising the duties of a district school board with regard to instructional materials; authorizing a district school board or a consortium of school districts to implement an instructional materials program; requiring the district superintendent to certify to the Department of Education that instructional materials for core courses align with applicable state standards; authorizing the district school board to assess and collect fees from a publisher that participates in the instructional materials review process, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 157
• Introduced -SJ 157
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 346
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 346
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 356
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 477
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 659
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 666
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 659
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 775
• Amendment(s) adopted (397600) -SJ 775
• Read 3rd time -SJ 778
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 778
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 977
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 977
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1020
• Substituted for CS/HB 1031 -HJ 1020
• Amendment(s) adopted (336735) -HJ 1026
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1050
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1050
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted (453304) -SJ 1038, 1045
• Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended (336735) -SJ 1047
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1047
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1187
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) to House amendment(s) -HJ 1190
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1190
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1404
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-237
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.