CS/CS/HB 279: Rental of Homestead Property
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Hood ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cummings ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Fitzenhagen ; Hutson ; La Rosa ; Peters ; Pigman ; Raulerson ; Santiago ; Spano
Rental of Homestead Property; Revises criteria under which rental of homestead property is allowed for tax exemption purposes & not considered abandoned.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 342 (Ch. 2013-64)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 41
• Introduced -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 406
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 400
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 413
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 04/09/13, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 453
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 453
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/19/13, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 1 -HJ 702
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 694
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 735
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Retained on Calendar
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 342 (Ch. 2013-64)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.