CS/CS/SB 50: Public Meetings
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Negron ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Evers
Public Meetings; Requiring that a member of the public be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard by a board or commission before it takes official action on a proposition; providing that compliance with the requirements of this section is deemed to have occurred under certain circumstances; providing that a circuit court has jurisdiction to issue an injunction under certain circumstances; providing that an action taken by a board or commission which is found in violation of this section is not void, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 11
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/13, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/21/13, 3:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 113
• Now in Rules -SJ 113
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/06/13, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 11
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 105
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 157
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 157
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 186
• Read 2nd time -SJ 194
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 226
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 968
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1009
• Substituted for CS/HB 23 -HJ 1009
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1040
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 1041
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-227
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.