CS/SB 626: Bullying in the Public School System
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Bullard
Bullying in the Public School System; Citing this act as the "Imagine Sheterria Elliot Act"; prohibiting cyberbullying in schools and during school-related activities; expanding the circumstances under which bullying or harassment of any student or employee of a public K-12 institution is prohibited; requiring each school district to incorporate a prohibition on cyberbullying into its policy on bullying and harassment; requiring that such policy mandate that computers without web-filtering software or computers with web-filtering software disabled be used when investigating complaints of cyberbullying, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 609 (Ch. 2013-87) -SJ 725
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 47
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/12/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 209
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 209
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 476
• Now in Rules -SJ 476
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/22/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13 -SJ 725
• Read 2nd time -SJ 725
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 609 -SJ 725
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 609 (Ch. 2013-87) -SJ 725
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.