CS/HB 731: Pub. Rec./Spouses & Children of Law Enforcement & Agency Personnel
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Kerner ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dudley ; Fitzenhagen ; Jones, M. ; Pilon ; Pritchett ; Rooney ; Zimmermann
Pub. Rec./Spouses & Children of Law Enforcement & Agency Personnel; Creates exemption from public records requirements for names of spouses & children of specified active or former sworn or civilian law enforcement personnel; provides for future review & repeal of exemption; creates exemption from public records requirements for names of spouses & children of specified state attorneys & statewide prosecutors; provides for future review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 77
• Introduced -HJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 286
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 282
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 358
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 358
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 414
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 513
• Amendment(s) adopted (352993) -HJ 514
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 589
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 4 -HJ 590
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 511
• Received -SJ 511
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 559
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 559
• Substituted for CS/SB 376 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 559
• Read 3rd time -SJ 560
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 560
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 910
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-243
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.