CS/SB 808: Needle and Syringe Exchange Pilot Program
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Margolis
Needle and Syringe Exchange Pilot Program; Requiring the Department of Health to establish a needle and syringe exchange pilot program in Miami-Dade County; providing for administration of the pilot program by the department or a designee; providing that the distribution of needles and syringes under the pilot program is not a violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act or any other law; providing conditions under which a pilot program staff member or participant may be prosecuted; providing for the pilot program to be funded through private grants and donations, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• Referred to Health Policy; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 58
• Introduced -SJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/09/13, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/15/13, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 400
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Criminal Justice -SJ 431
• Now in Criminal Justice
• Favorable by- Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 476
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 476
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 808
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.