HB 9: Involuntary Examinations under the Baker Act
GENERAL BILL by Campbell ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards ; Rogers
Involuntary Examinations under the Baker Act; Authorizes physician assistants & advanced registered nurse practitioners to initiate involuntary examinations under Baker Act of persons believed to have mental illness.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 02/07/13, 2:00 pm, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 153
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 153
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/20/13, 11:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/07/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 203
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 203
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/12/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 222
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 236
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 237
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Health Policy; Judiciary -SJ 256
• Received -SJ 256
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.