CS/CS/SB 188: Education Data Privacy
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Education ; Hukill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Negron ; Bradley ; Simpson ; Flores ; Brandes ; Stargel ; Montford
Education Data Privacy; Providing for annual notice to K-12 students and parents of rights relating to education records; providing limitations on the collection of information and the disclosure of confidential and exempt student records; revising provisions relating to the submission of student social security numbers and the assignment of student identification numbers; requiring the Department of Education to establish a process for assigning student identification numbers, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Amendment Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 24
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 243
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/14
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 246
• Read 2nd time -SJ 291
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 328
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 328
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Received -HJ 469
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 195 -HJ 496
• Read 2nd time -HJ 496
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 515
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 1 -HJ 515
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 528
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-41
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.