CS/SB 564: Security for Public Deposits
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Security for Public Deposits; Clarifying provisions relating to public deposits that are exempt from state security requirements; providing that a notice of the default or insolvency of a qualified public depository is not required if the Florida public deposits are acquired by a bank, savings bank, or savings association; providing that a bank, savings bank, or savings association that is not a qualified public depository and acquires Florida public deposits is subject to certain requirements; providing that a protection from loss is effective when a public depositor does not comply with certain provisions under specified circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7009 (Ch. 2014-145) -SJ 533
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/11/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/05/14, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 47
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 127
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 510
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 510
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 533
• Substituted HB 7009 -SJ 533
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7009 (Ch. 2014-145) -SJ 533
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.