CS/CS/SB 674: Background Screening
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Health Policy ; Bean
Background Screening; Authorizing the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to share reproductions of driver license images with the Department of Health and the Agency for Health Care Administration for specified purposes; exempting a person whose fingerprints are already enrolled in a specified Federal Bureau of Investigation program from the requirement that such fingerprints be forwarded to the bureau; requiring certain persons to submit their fingerprints electronically; requiring the fingerprints of an employee required to be screened by a specified agency and included in the clearinghouse also to be retained in the national retained print arrest notification program at a specified time, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Transportation (TR)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
• Referred to Health Policy; Transportation; Criminal Justice -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/11/14, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Transportation -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/06/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 55
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 130
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/31/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 444
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 499
• Amendment(s) adopted (713514) -SJ 499
• Ordered engrossed
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 577
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 578
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 827
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 827
• Read 2nd time -HJ 870
• Substituted for CS/HB 463 -HJ 870
• Amendment(s) adopted (288775) -HJ 870
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 899
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 899
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (288775) -SJ 885
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -SJ 885
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 885
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-84
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.